FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Canada Border Crossing
Q. Do travellers still require a negative COVID-19 test taken 72hr prior to entering Canada?
No. As of 2022 you no longer need a COVID-19 test to cross the US Canada border.
Q. What are the requirements for children under the age of 12?
Children under 16 only need proof of U.S. citizenship.
How To Get Here
- Fly into Winnipeg, MB, and rent a car
- Fly into Minot, ND, and rent a car
*GPS directions to be provided upon booking
What to Bring
- Warm insulated clothing temp varies year to year from 20 F - 60 F
- Rain gear
- Goose and Duck calls if you wish to do your own calling
- Camo clothing
- Camo face mask
- Gun and gun case (must have hard locking gun case for plane)
- Gun cleaning supplies
- Ice chest to bring back your birds. Be sure to check with your airline regulations to make sure it meets the requirements
- Waders (although we mainly hunt over fields, there may be situations where we may be by water)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Shoes/slippers for inside lodge
- Alcohol (soft drinks and water provided)
Gratuity 10-15% of Hunt cost for staff (cooks, cleaners, scout, guide)
Importing Firearms Into Canada
Canada’s gun law requires that all non-residents complete a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration form (JUS 909EF), which will serve as a license and registration. This is also required to purchase ammunition. There is a fee of $50 CDN that is good for 12 months. This form must be filled out in triplicate and must be signed in the presence of the customs officer.